Home Driving • Insurance and Property damage in an accident

Insurance and Property damage in an accident

Accident is a very dreadful thing and we pray that everyone stays safe and healthy. Life is much more about pros and cons. Having an update of the policies and terms is a good thing for every citizen. Damage to the person is covered in claims. Same way, vehicles and other properties are also covered in an accident under the claim policy.

Car is damaged and the owner is not at fault.

For compensation of the damage to your car, you need to have an insurance first.

Insurance and Property damage in an accident

Once you have an insurance, you need to know all these points. Also if you want to learn driving then go to penrith city driving school, it is the best school for driving.

Property damage in an accident

  1. You need to inform your insurance company. Always make a point of considering the amount of the claim. This means that if your claim amount is not exceeding your No Claim bonus, then it is better to take No Claim Bonus.
  2. In this case, you will save on time of the procedure for claiming and just get the things repaired by paying yourself and finally taking a minus in premium payment as no claim bonus.
  3. You can ask the other driver to pay for your damage. You can send a letter of demand. For opting for this option, get a legal advice first. In case the other party defers from the payment, then taking them to the court is also the option available to you. So remember corporate driver training lesson is very important for this issue.
  4. Keep the name and address of the other party involved in the accident. You can take the details of the place, where the accident happened. If you haven’t taken the details, you can take it through Road and Maritime Services by giving details of the number plate.
  5. You have to prove that the accident was because of the fault of the other party.
  6. You have to produce the quote of the repair including the parts and labor charges. Ideally, you should take more than one quote to be on a safer side. The lowest quote will considered for the compensation.
  7. There are many factors that you need to consider before suing anyone. You can contact a financial service, who can make settlement between two of you if your claim amount is less than $3000.
  8. For the condition, when you don’t have an insurance, your ultimate alternative is getting the other driver pay you. This is possible only by sending a letter of demand. The company will make a settlement between you and the insurer of the other driver. In this way, you will get your due and will be out of legal formalities.


Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked*